Most people don't know you can make quick Joomla websites by customizing a Joomla website template. Yes, you can actually modify a Joomla template design to make it look and work the way you want it to.
When you join the Joomla CMS web platform, you can immediately choose from the default templates available, but this will make your web site similar to those of other people. And for optimization purposes, as well as your own taste, you want a site that is different from others. You can get this by customizing any Joomla template design.
But before start adjusting a Joomla template you need to know what you want and the way the template works. Enter a template system to the administrator panel and click the "Extensions" menu. Look for and click on the "Template Manager." You will see that these templates come with two options, the "Default" or the "Assign buttons" options. The default button only allows you to use the original template in the state you see it, but by clicking on "Assign Buttons" you can modify and customize the design to your own taste.
However, you should always be careful when customizing the default template. Before you start, duplicate the original style and put it on the list of templates you like. This way you can customize the new one, and if you don't like it, simply change to the default template again.
The following are the steps to take to customize your Joomla template design:
1. Download the template you want to a folder you've previously named "Template Folder." Make another copy of the template and save it here is well.
2. Customize the template and upload it to the platform. Be sure to place the new template in the template manager.
3. Change the CSS and HTML files by using the "Edit HTML" and "Edit CSS" commands available in the template manager.
4. Once you've made your edits replace the illustration of the default outline path with a new one.
5. Revise the modules in the module manager by clicking on "Module" and then "Site Module." This will indicate the module was going the top published in the position you want it.
6. Change text in the user interface and define the language there is well.
Remember that if it anytime you do not feel comfortable customizing your own Joomla web site you can always hire a Joomla Web developer to do the initial setup for you.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!